Friday, March 19, 2010

Inspirational Songs

Have you ever heard a song and you just stopped whatever you were doing just so you could hear the lyrics? Or stopped mid-conversation with someone just so you could sing along to your favorite song?

Music can make such a big difference in how you feel during the day. It can wake you up in the morning, amp you up while exercising, or make you feel better after a bad day. The most powerful songs make you believe the singer knows exactly what you're feeling and what you went through. These type of songs are the most personal while still having a broad and timeless appeal.

The following are a handful of songs for different moods:

Songs That Make You Feel Better After a Bad Day
  1. Bad Day by Daniel Powter
  2. You Are Not Alone by Michael Jackson
  3. I'll Be There by Michael Jackson
  4. Hero by Mariah Carey
  5. Don't Stop Believing by Journey (I like the Glee version too)
Songs That Make You Wanna Fall In Love
  1. The Way You Make Me Feel by Michael Jackson
  2. When I Fall In Love by Nat King Cole
  3. Fly Me To The Moon by Nat King Cole
  4. All My Life by K-Ci and JoJo
  5. Endless Love by Luther Vandross and Mariah Carey
  6. All I Ask Of You by Emmy Rossum

Songs That Help Cope With Loss

  1. One Sweet Day by Mariah Carey and Boyz II Men
  2. Fly by Celine Dion
  3. The Prayer by Celine Dion & Andrea Bocelli
  4. Smile by Nat King Cole
  5. Lean On Me by Glee Cast
  6. I'll Cover You by Jesse Martin

Songs To Help You Win
  1. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor
  2. We Are the Champions by Queen
  3. We Will Rock You by Queen
  4. The Show Must Go On by Queen
  5. O Fortuna by Carmina Burana
  6. Defying Gravity by Lea Michele & Chris Colfer
Just Plain Ol' Feel Good Songs
  1. Just Wanna Have Fun by Cyndi Lauper
  2. Somewhere Over The Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (prefer this version)
  3. I Believe I Can Fly by R. Kelly
  4. Mmmbop by Hanson (yes, I will include Hanson on my list - this song was huge!)
  5. You'll Be In My Heart by Usher

Personal Faves
  1. Don't Rain On My Parade by Lea Michele
  2. Man In The Mirror by Michael Jackson
  3. Stay by Lisa Loeb
  4. All The Same by Sick Puppies
  5. Seasons Of Love by Rent Cast



Here's another post that listed its Top 40 Motivational Songs. Check out the comments because they have good recommendations, too.

Feel free to add to the list! Maybe round out the lists so it's Top Ten for each category?

6 comments:

  1. Love this blog, especially the song choices.

    As far as your list of songs that make you feel better after a bad day, you definitely can't go wrong with "Don't Stop Believing", "All My Life", and "Endless Love".. I also love "One Sweet Day" and "The Prayer" as well.

    Your songs under "Songs To Help You Win" are definitely songs I would choose to listen to you when I'm running, for more motivation -- not sure about Mmmbop though. Kidding, kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. XP I read your list of songs and most of 'em, I'm the same when it comes to some of them. Especially the ones that you wanna rock out to

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you should add some Musiq Soulchild Songs to the fall in love category, Like Love, So Beautiful, Teach Me, and Don't Change. Otherwise awesome song picks. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  4. dont stop believing by glee= fav
    dont rain on my parade by lea michele= amazing

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, these are awesome. I really like some of your songs, especially the ones by Nat King Cole : ). Other songs that I feel make me want to fall in love are duets by Louis Armstrong and Ella Fitzgerald, such as "Dream a Little Dream of Me," They can't take that away from me," and "The nearness of you. Doris Day also has great songs to fall in love to like "Only Have Eyes for you" and "I could write a book."

    ReplyDelete
  6. This song helps me Win, pushes me to the limit! Almost made me push myself too hard and I almost passed out haha

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V24MYJERZLY

    ReplyDelete