Friday, March 19, 2010

What Inspires You?

Inspiration comes in many unique forms and occurs at different times of the day. I like it best when I'm not even looking to be inspired. It just happens. Like when you listen to the radio in your car or when you're out jogging and you see a touching scene at a park. What's great is that each person finds inspiration in the most mundane or oddest things. Here's my list of things that give me inspiration, in no particular order:
  • my mother
  • flowers growing between cracks on a sidewalk
  • couples who've been married for 50+ years
  • Shihan's poetry, especially "I Want a Love Like..."
  • single mothers
  • single mothers who go to school and work and take care of their families
  • blind musicians (e.g. Stevie Wonder and Andrea Boccelli)
  • forehead kisses
  • babies laughing
  • fathers walking their daughters down the aisle
  • grandkids holding their grandparents' hands
  • the Best Kiss acceptance "speech" by Ryan Gosling and Rachel McAdams at the MTV Movie Awards
  • birds guarding their nests
  • Sidney Poitier's Honorary Oscar acceptance speech
  • grown men crying from joy or gratitude
  • the sun shining after a rainstorm
  • standing on top of tall structures and feeling the wind in my face
  • sign language

What's on your Inspiration List?

1 comment:

  1. People who are badass at what they do.
    My parents, who've both worked hard to get to where they are now.
    My cousins (and sister), each of them have different skills that they excel at.
    Anime (haha), inspires me to work harder in life.

    and You, you drive me to be a better person because of your ambition, your strength, and your good heart. (soo cheeesy) =P

    ReplyDelete